10.29.2009

The Best of Summer 2009


Today I wanted to share a quick and simple min album I made to documents the Summer of 2009.

I started with a Russell and Hazel business card holder I purchased for $2 on clearance at OfficeMax. (I love to shop office supply store clearance sections!) I created the title on the cover using white contact paper, SCAL and my Cricut machine.

To make the pages, I  printed my favorite photos at 2x3. I picked through my box of paper scraps and cut those to 2x3 as well.

To keep the album quick and simple, I decided not to use expensive embellishments. Using clip art and symbols off of the internet, I created icons and journaling that I printed off in black on white cardstock. The symbols were punched with a circle punch and matted in black cardstock with a small scallop Martha Stewart punch.The journaling strips were punched with a Stampin Up punch and again matted with black cardstock.

The entire album cost about $5 to make and took about 8 hours to assemble including printing time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Laina - Love it!

Ryzmomplus2 said...

OMG you never cease to amaze me! I love it and must come up with my best of summer now!