11.19.2009

Holiday Season

I can't ignore it anymore...it is time to get ready for the Holiday Season. This will be the first one since 2005 that I haven't had to work retail. Nice. Very nice.

I'm going to do my best to put more effort in the season for my family this year. Decorate the house better, actually bake cookies again, make teacher gifts instead of purchase. I'm no Martha Stewart or Trish Turay :) but I am going to give it my best shot.

First thing - some of my favorite holiday tunes for this blog. Hope you like.

Second - Making these. I had these at the crop last weekend and haven't stopped thinking about them.

Iced Cinnamon Chip Cookies

Iced Cinnamon Chip Cookies Recipe

  • 46 Servings
  • Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 package (10 ounces) cinnamon baking chips
  • ICING:
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup shortening
  • 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

  • In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in cinnamon chips.
  • Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
  • In a small bowl, combine icing ingredients; beat on high speed for 1-2 minutes or until fluffy. Spread over cooled cookies. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.

And third for today, set your DVR to record "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" on Thursday November, 26 at 8pm. It's one of my favorites. Remember when he makes toast for everyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm! Can't wait to make those cookies. Got milk?----evilwoman